Social Studies and History
Natrona County School District #1
Natrona Virtual Learning
LMS Platform: LMS means the course learning management system
Desire to Learn
Hathaway Success Course: No
See Course Participation below
Start - End Dates:
Sep 04, 2018 - Jun 06, 2019
Available for Purchase:
In this first part of a survey of world history from prehistoric to modern times, K12 online lessons and assessments complement The Human Odyssey, a textbook series developed and published by K12. This course focuses on the development of civilization across a 12,000-year span: from the Ice Age to the Middle Ages, from cave paintings to stained glass windows, from crude huts to Gothic cathedrals. The course introduces geography concepts and skills as they appear in the context of the historical narrative.
Computer/History Kit Provided/Notebook/pencil
Teachers will set a pacing guide for students to follow and student will accesses courses by logging into the LMS with a personal pin. Student may access the content 24 hours an day, 7 days a week.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Student Learning Coach will take daily attendance. The log time worked off or online daily.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Attendance will be recorded weekly.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Estimated time to complete course is 50-170 hours. Teacher verification of participation bi-weekly. Optional monthly field trips.