English and Language Arts
Natrona County School District #1
Natrona Virtual Learning
LMS Platform: LMS means the course learning management system
K12 Proprietary Platform Online School (OLS)
Hathaway Success Course: No
See Course Participation below
Start - End Dates:
Sep 04, 2018 - Jun 06, 2019
Available for Purchase:
LITERATURE Students develop literary analysis and comprehension skills. The emphasis is on works that embody exemplary virtues, including Greek and Norse myths, "William Tell,"and episodes from Black Beauty. Students read works of nonfiction, as well as four novels (selected from a long list of such classics as Charlotte's Web, Little House on the Prairie, and Henry Huggins). A test preparation program prepares students for standardized tests. Students also learn language skills.
Computer/Language Kit Provided/Notebook/pencil
Teachers will set a pacing guide for students to follow and student will accesses courses by logging into the LMS with a personal pin. Student may access the content 24 hours an day, 7 days a week.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Student Learning Coach will take daily attendance. The log time worked off or online daily.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Attendance will be recorded weekly.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Estimated time to complete course is 40-170 hours. Teacher verification of participation weekly. Mandatory