This research-based course focuses on computational fluency, conceptual understanding, an problem-solving. The engaging course features new graphics, learning tools, and games; adaptive activities that help struggling students master concepts an skills before moving on; an more support for Learning Coaches to guide their students to success. This course for students in Grade 5 investigates whole numbers through practical situations in rounding, exponents and powers, and elementary number theory. Students begin addition an subtraction of integers an apply all of their work with rational numbers to problem-solving experiences. The study of algebra includes work with variables, solving equations and inequalities, using formulas within geometry an measurement, an work within the coordinate system. The study of geometry encompasses properties of lines, angles, two- an three-dimensional figures, an formal constructions and transformations.
Computer/Math Book Provided/Notebook/pencil
Teachers will set a pacing guide for students to follow and student will accesses courses by logging into the LMS with a personal pin. Student may access the content 24 hours an day, 7 days a week.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Student Learning Coach will take daily attendance. The log time worked off or online daily.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Attendance will be recorded weekly.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Estimated time to complete course is 40-170 hours. Teacher verification of participation weekly. Mandatory