This semester 2 research based course focuses on Students enhance computational and problem-solving skills while learning topics in algebra, geometry, probability, and statistics. They solve expressions and equations in the context of perimeter, area, and volume problems while further developing computational skills with fractions and decimals. The study of plane and solid figures includes construction and transformations of figures. Also in the context of problem solving, students add, subtract, multiply, and divide positive and negative integers and solve problems involving ratios, proportions, and percent, including simple and compound interest, rates, discount, tax, and tip problems. They learn multiple representations for communicating information, such as graphs on the coordinate plane, statistical data and displays, as well as the results of probability and sampling experiments. They investigate patterns involving addition, multiplication, and exponents, and apply number theory and computation to mathematical puzzles.
MTH06A Fundamentals of Geometry and Algebra
Teachers will set a pacing guide for students to follow and student will accesses courses by logging into the LMS with a personal pin. Student may access the content 24 hours an day, 7 days a week.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Student Learning Coach will take daily attendance. The log time worked off or online daily.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Attendance will be recorded weekly.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Estimated time to complete course is 30-100 hours. Teacher verification of participation weekly. Mandatory synchronous session weekly with optional second session..