Physical Education course introduces students to the essential principles that can help them live healthy, active lifestyles. Students learn about team sports, dance, and lifetime activities such as yoga/pilates, kickboxing, golf, fitness walking, and badminton. They participates and are introduced to a variety of dance styles from around the world, including square dance, folk dance, aerobic dance, hiphop, and rhythmic gymnastics. Students learn fitness basics, including target heart rate, fitness testing, goal setting, and weight training, and they learn the importance of warm-up and cool-down sessions. The course also addresses the concepts of conflict resolution and making smart choices. Fundamentals of nutrition are covered, as well as the importance of getting adequate rest and maintaining a positive attitude.
Internet acces, Computer, paper, pencil, household items for experimentsComputer, Stop Watch, Running shoes, Swim suit, Tennis balls, Volleyball or similar size, accurate scale, tape measure, 3 nutritional food lables, varirty of hand weights, paper, pencil.
Pacing of the content is set and the course content and LMS are available with the URL and personal password. Students can access course content 24 hours a day, 7 days a week where the internet is accessible.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Activity Logs are kept and submitted by student to teacher to track physical activity.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Attendance will be recorded weekly.
- When this course is taken by a student in a school with a district-assigned learning coach, seat time attendance may be used to document participation.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Estimated time to complete course is 100-180 hours. Teacher verification of participation weekly.