This seventh-grade Physical Education course, students are exposed to diverse activities, including rock climbing, orienteering, kickboxing, and table tennis. Course content includes multiple training methods, including participation in cross training, plyometric training, core muscle training, and aerobic dance. Students learn about stress management exercises, including yoga/pilates and breathing exercises. Fitness basics are presented, including target heart rate, fitness testing, and goal setting. Students learn about static and dynamic balance and about the science behind sports. Principles of strength training are covered, along with safety precautions one should take when lifting weights. At the end of this course, students can perform the Presidential Physical Fitness Tests and graph their scores.
Computer/ Notebook/ Pencil/Stopwatch/Tennis shoes
Teachers will set a pacing guide for students to follow and student will accesses courses by logging into the LMS with a personal pin. Student may access the content 24 hours an day, 7 days a week.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Student Learning Coach will take daily attendance. The log time worked off or online daily.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Attendance will be recorded weekly.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Estimated time to complete course is 52-150 hours. Teacher verification of participation weekly.