Physical Education and Health
Natrona County School District #1
Natrona Virtual Learning
LMS Platform: LMS means the course learning management system
Desire to Learn
Hathaway Success Course: No
See Course Participation below
Start - End Dates:
Sep 04, 2018 - Jun 06, 2019
Available for Purchase:
Designed for eighth-grade students, Physical Education 8 teaches students to make informed decisions about fitness activities. Students learn about the role of physical activity in maintaining a healthy quality of life. Each student designs and participates in a fitness program that meets his or her individual fitness needs and interests and learns how to evaluate his or her personal physiological response to exercise. Course content covers the fundamentals of physical fitness and stress management and introduces students to a variety of lifetime sports and games, including canoeing, cycling, tennis, lawn games, and wall ball. Students learn how to apply the critical elements of multiple training methods, including aerobics, cardio bands, and kickboxing.
Computer/ Notebook/ Pencil/Stopwatch/Tennis shoes
Teachers will set a pacing guide for students to follow and student will accesses courses by logging into the LMS with a personal pin. Student may access the content 24 hours an day, 7 days a week.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Student Learning Coach will take daily attendance. The log time worked off or online daily.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Attendance will be recorded weekly.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Estimated time to complete course is 52-150 hours. Teacher verification of participation weekly.