The K12 Physical Science Sem. 1 program introduces students to many aspects of the physical world, focusing first on chemistry and then on physics. The Sem. 1 course provides an overview of the physical world and gives students tools and concepts to think clearly about atoms, molecules, chemical reactions, motion, electricity, light, and other aspects of chemistry and physics. Among other subjects, students study the structure of atoms; the elements and the Periodic Table; chemical reactions; forces, including gravitational, motion, acceleration, and mass; and energy, including light, thermal, electricity, and magnetism.
Computer/Science Kit Provided/Notebook/pencil
Teachers will set a pacing guide for students to follow and student will accesses courses by logging into the LMS with a personal pin. Student may access the content 24 hours an day, 7 days a week.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Student Learning Coach will take daily attendance. The log time worked off or online daily.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Attendance will be recorded weekly.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Estimated time to complete course is 30-100 hours. Teacher verification of participation bi-weekly. Optional monthly field trips.