Students perform experiments, develop scientific reasoning, and recognize science in the world around them. They build a model of a watershed, test how cell membranes function, track a hurricane, and analyze the effects gravity.
Computer/History Kit Provided/Notebook/pencil
Teachers will set a pacing guide for students to follow and student will accesses courses by logging into the LMS with a personal pin. Student may access the content 24 hours an day, 7 days a week.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Student Learning Coach will take daily attendance. The log time worked off or online daily.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Attendance will be recorded weekly.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Estimated time to complete course is 40-170 hours. Teacher verification of participation weekly. Mandatory