Explore and build foundational musical skills with Spotlight on Music 5 from McGraw-Hill. This course offers a variety of learning activities that include singing, dancing, virtual instruments, listening maps, authentic sound recordings and playing the recorder. Six units in the course are organized into four sections: Spotlight on Concepts, Spotlight on Music Reading, Spotlight on Performance, and Spotlight on Celebrations. Students learn about these musical elements: duration, pitch, design, tone color, expressive qualities and cultural context. Students explore beat, meter, rhythm, melody, harmony, tonality, texture, form, tone color, dynamics, tempo, articulation, style, and music background.
Computer/Music Kit Provided/Notebook/pencil
Teachers will set a pacing guide for students to follow and student will accesses courses by logging into the LMS with a personal pin. Student may access the content 24 hours an day, 7 days a week.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Student Learning Coach will take daily attendance. The log time worked off or online daily.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Attendance will be recorded weekly.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Estimated time to complete course is 35-90 hours. Teacher verification of participation weekly.