U.S. History Reconstruction to Present Comprehensive is a 9th grade course that provides students with the history of the United States, examining time periods from Reconstruction through World War II. These courses typically include a historical overview of government, political, military, scientific, and social developments.
Internet acces, Computer, paper, pencil, household items for experimentsComputer, printer, device to record audio.
Pacing of the content is set and the course content and LMS are available with the URL and personal password. Students can access course content 24 hours a day, 7 days a week where the internet is accessible.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Student may ask for one on one time for tutoring and this time would be documented.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Attendance will be recorded weekly.
- When this course is taken by a student in a school with a district-assigned learning coach, seat time attendance may be used to document participation.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Estimated time to complete course is 50-170 hours. Teacher verification of participation weekly.