This compelling full-year course engages students in the study of life and living organisms and examines biology and biochemistry in the real world. It encompasses traditional concepts in biology and encourages exploration of new discoveries in this field of science. The components include biochemistry, cell biology, cell processes, heredity and reproduction, the evolution of life, taxonomy, human body systems, and ecology.Edgenuity SC3209
Internet Access, electronic device
Students must have access to the Internet and an electronic device.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Documentation of course work completed week-by-week
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Documentation of course participation is recorded by Edgenuity
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- A contract outlining the expectation of the course is explained to the student and parent(s). Weekly course completion percentage expectations are outlined according to how much time the student has to complete the course. For Unit and Culminating tests, students are required to take the test in a proctored environment at school. Course work estimation is 50 hours of instruction per semester, not counting writing time and assignment completion time or quizzes and testing time.