Pre-calculus Trigonometry Semester 1 is intended to provide the mathematical background needed for Pre-calculus Trigonometry Semester 2. This course will provide a general introduction to functions, operations with function, inverse functions, and graphs of functions using standard graphs with transformations. It will include an extensive study of linear functions, polynomial functions (including new methods of solving polynomial equations), rational and radical functions, and exponential and logarithmic functions. The course will include extensive use of the graphing calculators.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- When this course is taken by a student in a school with a district-assigned learning coach, seat time attendance may be used to document participation.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.