This course builds upon algebraic concepts covered in Algebra I and prepares students for advanced level courses. Students extend their knowledge and understanding by solving open-ended problems and thinking critically. Topics include conic sections, functions and their graphs, quadratic functions, inverse functions, and advanced polynomial functions. Students are introduced to rational, radical, exponential, and logarithmic functions; sequences and series; and data analysis. Students work on additional challenging assignments, assessments, and research projects.
Washakie County School District No. 1 makes every effort to ensure accessibility and usability of course content for all students.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Discussion Boards, Sign-in Sheets
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Students are assigned a designated Learning Coach/Mentor who will monitor participate and progress for this course.