Following the timeline of the K12 History program, second grade Art lessons introduce students to the art and architecture of ancient Rome, medieval Europe, Islam, Mexico, Africa, China, and Japan. Students will: Examine elements and principles of art, such as line, shape, pattern, and more Study and create self-portraits, landscapes, sculptures, and more Create artwork similar to works they learn about, using many materials and techniquesafter studying Winslow Homers Snap the Whip, students paint their own narrative landscape and design stained glass windows inspired by the Cathedral of Notre Dame in Paris.
Washakie County School District No. 1 makes every effort to ensure accessibility and usability of course content for all students.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Discussion Boards, Sign-in Sheets
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Students are assigned a designated Learning Coach/Mentor who will monitor participate and progress for this course.