Following the timeline of the K12 History program, third grade Art lessons introduce students to the art and architecture of the Renaissance throughout Europe, including Italy, Russia, and Northern Europe. Students will: Extend their knowledge of elements and principles of art, such as form, texture, and symmetrical balance Draw, paint, and sculpt a variety of works, including self-portraits, landscapes, and still life paintings Investigate artworks from Asia, Africa, and the Americas Create artworks inspired by works they learn about, using many materials and techniquesafter studying da Vincis Mona Lisa, students use shading in their own drawings, and they make prints showing the features and symmetry of the Taj Mahal.
Washakie County School District No. 1 makes every effort to ensure accessibility and usability of course content for all students.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Discussion Boards, Sign-in Sheets
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Students are assigned a designated Learning Coach/Mentor who will monitor participate and progress for this course.