In second semester of this comprehensive course, students continue to investigate the chemistry of living things: the cell, genetics, evolution, the structure and function of living things, and ecology going deeper into Biology concepts. The program consists of in depth online lessons, including extensive animations, an associated reference book, collaborative explorations, virtual laboratories, and hands-on laboratory experiments students can conduct at home. In this credit recovery course, students will progress through content on an individual need basis. Required content will be assigned based on previous performance in the regular Biology B course. Students will be assigned lessons and objectives not mastered during the original Biology B course. This course can be taken only as Pass/Fail option.
Washakie County School District No. 1 makes every effort to ensure accessibility and usability of course content for all students.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Discussion Boards, Sign-in Sheets
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Students are assigned a designated Learning Coach/Mentor who will monitor participate and progress for this course.