In the first semester of the Math 6 course, students will deepen their understanding of math problem solving tools and strategies. Students will strengthen their understanding of number lines, order of operations, translating between words and math symbols, and will use strategies such as drawing figures, estimating, and breaking a problem down into smaller parts. Students will learn how to handle precision and reasonableness. After completing this course students will gain skills needed for success in future math courses and for everyday life.
Washakie County School District No. 1 makes every effort to ensure accessibility and usability of course content for all students.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Discussion Boards, Sign-in Sheets
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Students are assigned a designated Learning Coach/Mentor who will monitor participate and progress for this course.