This research-based course focuses on computational fluency, conceptual understanding, and problem solving. The engaging course features new graphics, learning tools, and games; adaptive activities that help struggling students master concepts and skills before moving on; and more support for Learning Coaches to guide their students to success. This course focuses primarily on number concepts, place value, and addition and subtraction of numbers through 1,000. Special emphasis is given to problem solving, inverse operations, properties of operations, decomposition of numbers, and mental math. Students study money, time, and measurement; geometric figures; analyzing and displaying data with new representations; and determining the range and mode of data. Early concepts about multiplication, division, and fractions are introduced.
Washakie County School District No. 1 makes every effort to ensure accessibility and usability of course content for all students.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Discussion Boards, Sign-in Sheets
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Students are assigned a designated Learning Coach/Mentor who will monitor participate and progress for this course.