This year-long K12 Physical Science course presents the fundamentals of physics and chemistry. Students explore the amazing universe we live in, including motion, energy, the nature of matter and atoms, how chemicals mix and react, and the forces that hold the universe together. Among other subjects, students study: Structure of atoms Elements and the Periodic Table Chemical reactions Forces, including gravitational, motion, acceleration, and mass Energy, including light, thermal, electricity, and magnetism Practical, hands-on lesson activities help students discover how scientists investigate the world of physical science. Students perform laboratory activities and a full-unit investigation to learn about the application of scientific methods.
Washakie County School District No. 1 makes every effort to ensure accessibility and usability of course content for all students.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Discussion Boards, Sign-in Sheets
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Students are assigned a designated Learning Coach/Mentor who will monitor participate and progress for this course.