In the first semester of Physical Science, students explore the relationship between matter and energy by investigating matter and energy; force and motion; the application of forces including friction, gravity, motion, and vectors; fluid forces; energy; simple machines and mechanical advantage; waves; light including speed of light, reflection and refraction, electromagnetic spectrum, and color; and electricity. Students develop skills in measuring, solving problems, using laboratory apparatuses, following safety procedures, and adhering to experimental procedures. Students focus on inquiry-based learning, with both laboratory investigations and experiences.
Washakie County School District No. 1 makes every effort to ensure accessibility and usability of course content for all students.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Discussion Boards, Sign-in Sheets
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Students are assigned a designated Learning Coach/Mentor who will monitor participate and progress for this course.