This course provides a comprehensive survey of all key areasphysical systems, measurement, kinematics, dynamics, momentum, energy, thermodynamics, waves, electricity, and magnetism and introduces students to modern physics topics such as quantum theory and the atomic nucleus. The course gives students a solid basis to move on to more advanced courses later in their academic careers. The program consists of online instruction, laboratories, and related assessments, plus an online problem-solving book and instructions for conducting hands-on laboratory experiments at home. Lab kits contain all lab materials that cannot easily be found in the home.
Washakie County School District No. 1 makes every effort to ensure accessibility and usability of course content for all students.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Discussion Boards, Sign-in Sheets
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Students are assigned a designated Learning Coach/Mentor who will monitor participate and progress for this course.