Kindergarten students begin to develop observation skills as they learn about the five senses, Earths composition, and the basic needs of plants and animals. Students will also explore topics such as measurement (size, height, length, weight, capacity, and temperature), matter (solid, liquid, and gas), the seasonal cycle, our Earth (geography, taking care of Earth), motion (pushes and pulls, magnets), and astronomy (Earth, Sun, Moon, and stars; exploring space; astronauts Neil Armstrong and Sally Ride).
Washakie County School District No. 1 makes every effort to ensure accessibility and usability of course content for all students.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Discussion Boards, Sign-in Sheets
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Students are assigned a designated Learning Coach/Mentor who will monitor participate and progress for this course.