This is the first of two courses that comprise Algebra Readiness. In this course, the student will be introduced to basic algebraic principles. The student will review properties of expressions and integers. The student will solve one-step equations and inequalities with positive and negative integers, decimals, fractions, and exponents. Then the student will explore problems involving operations of fractions and will apply his knowledge of algebra to solve real-world ratio, proportion, and percent problems. Finally, the student will examine and evaluate two-step and multi-step equations and inequalities.
Connections Education LLC dba Pearson Virtual Schools USA, its schools and affiliates use information technology as a means of providing equality of opportunity to the greatest number of people, including people with disabilities. Connections aims to create a culture of accessibility through education. Connections is committed to working with the schools it supports in developing accessible websites and other electronic information to the Technical Standards and principles set forth in Section 508 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Federal law requires all public schools to provide students, regardless of disability, with an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from the school’s education program. Students have 24-hour assistance in LMS and technical support.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly