AP Psychology provides an overview of current psychological research methods and theories. Students will explore thetherapies used by professional counselors and clinical psychologists and examine the reasons for normal human reactions:how people learn and think, the process of human development and human aggression, altruism, intimacy, and self reflection. They will study core psychological concepts, such as the brain and sense functions, and learn to gauge humanreactions, gather information, and form meaningful syntheses. Along the way, students will also investigate relevantconcepts like study skills and information retention. The equivalent of an introductory college-level survey course, APPsychology prepares students for the AP exam and for further studies in psychology or life sciences.
Connections Education LLC dba Pearson Virtual Schools USA, its schools and affiliates use information technology as a means of providing equality of opportunity to the greatest number of people, including people with disabilities. Connections aims to create a culture of accessibility through education. Connections is committed to working with the schools it supports in developing accessible websites and other electronic information to the Technical Standards and principles set forth in Section 508 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Federal law requires all public schools to provide students, regardless of disability, with an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from the school’s education program. Students have 24-hour assistance in LMS and technical support.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly