Ever wondered how the Earth developed and exists in the vastness of space? How do the scientific laws of motion and gravity play a role in its existence? Discover answers to these questions and explore the origin of the universe, the Milky Way, and other galaxies and stars, including the concepts of modern astronomy and the methods used by astronomers to learn more about the universe.
Video recording equipment (a cell phone camera works) Poster board and markers/coloring utensils (optional) A ruler or measuring tape An object that can represent the sun (does not matter the size of the object) Other objects (8) that can represent each of the planets in our solar system Notecards (9) to label each object
Connections Education LLC dba Pearson Virtual Schools USA, its schools and affiliates use information technology as a means of providing equality of opportunity to the greatest number of people, including people with disabilities. Connections aims to create a culture of accessibility through education. Connections is committed to working with the schools it supports in developing accessible websites and other electronic information to the Technical Standards and principles set forth in Section 508 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Federal law requires all public schools to provide students, regardless of disability, with an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from the school’s education program. Students have 24-hour assistance in LMS and technical support.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly