Calculus A introduces limits, differentiation, and applications of differentiation. The student will find and evaluate finite and infinite limits graphically, numerically, and analytically. The student will find derivatives using a variety of methods including the chain rule and implicit differentiation. Then the student will use the first derivative test and the second derivative test to analyze and sketch functions. Finally, the student will find derivatives using a variety of methods including substitution.
Students should successfully complete Precalculus or Algebra 2 prior to enrolling. A TI-83+ or TI-84+ graphing calculator is required for this course. Students can follow this class with AP Calculus BC or a Statistics course but not AP Calculus AB.
Connections Education LLC dba Pearson Virtual Schools USA, its schools and affiliates use information technology as a means of providing equality of opportunity to the greatest number of people, including people with disabilities. Connections aims to create a culture of accessibility through education. Connections is committed to working with the schools it supports in developing accessible websites and other electronic information to the Technical Standards and principles set forth in Section 508 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Federal law requires all public schools to provide students, regardless of disability, with an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from the school’s education program. Students have 24-hour assistance in LMS and technical support.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly