In this first of two courses that compromise credit recovery Chemistry, the student will explore the fundamental concepts of chemistry as he engages in reading and responding exercises, hands-on and virtual lab experiments, and interdisciplinary problem-solving activities. The student will build on prior knowledge to learn how to model the structure of an atom, analyze the periodic table of elements, represent and interpret reactions between atoms and molecules, and perform calculations to solve problems in chemistry. The course provides many opportunities for the student to apply these concepts to real-world situations.
Connections Education LLC dba Pearson Virtual Schools USA, its schools and affiliates use information technology as a means of providing equality of opportunity to the greatest number of people, including people with disabilities. Connections aims to create a culture of accessibility through education. Connections is committed to working with the schools it supports in developing accessible websites and other electronic information to the Technical Standards and principles set forth in Section 508 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Federal law requires all public schools to provide students, regardless of disability, with an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from the school’s education program. Students have 24-hour assistance in LMS and technical support.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly