This is the second of two courses that comprise credit recovery Geometry. Throughout the course, the student will use virtual manipulatives and tools to explore area, surface area, and volume, and study the concept of similarity as it relates to various figures. The student will use Trigonometry and right triangle concepts, such as 30-60-90, 45-45-90, and the Pythagorean Theorem to solve problems. The student will also be introduced to vectors and learn to solve problems involving magnitude and direction. In addition, the student will study transformation concepts, such as translations, reflections, rotations, and dilations as well as concepts associated with symmetry. The student will learn to use formulas to find the areas of a variety of two-dimensional shapes. This course concludes with an exploration of concepts related to circles, such as arcs, angles, and intersecting lines such as chords, secants, and tangents. Throughout the course, the student will learn concepts through a variety of instructional strategies, solve real-world applications, and complete an assortment of activities.
Connections Education LLC dba Pearson Virtual Schools USA, its schools and affiliates use information technology as a means of providing equality of opportunity to the greatest number of people, including people with disabilities. Connections aims to create a culture of accessibility through education. Connections is committed to working with the schools it supports in developing accessible websites and other electronic information to the Technical Standards and principles set forth in Section 508 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Federal law requires all public schools to provide students, regardless of disability, with an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from the school’s education program. Students have 24-hour assistance in LMS and technical support.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly