This is the first of two courses that comprise Credit Recovery United States History. This course will explore the growth of American society and the emergence of the United States as a world power. The course covers the significant developments in America's past from Reconstruction to World War I with a brief review of early settlement, colonization, and the development of America as an independent nation. The student will focus on American political, economic, and social history from a chronological point of view. Activities in this course are designed to develop the student's abilities to question, read, analyze, interpret, and evaluate different forms of information, as well as to communicate his or her ideas to others. Geography skills will be interwoven in the lessons, as the student makes connections between the evolution of America's geography and its historical impact.
Connections Education LLC dba Pearson Virtual Schools USA, its schools and affiliates use information technology as a means of providing equality of opportunity to the greatest number of people, including people with disabilities. Connections aims to create a culture of accessibility through education. Connections is committed to working with the schools it supports in developing accessible websites and other electronic information to the Technical Standards and principles set forth in Section 508 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Federal law requires all public schools to provide students, regardless of disability, with an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from the school’s education program. Students have 24-hour assistance in LMS and technical support.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly