Designed for students in grades 3–5, this course builds on fundamental musicianship skills introduced in Discovering Music I. Aligning to the National Core Arts Standards, the course teaches the student to explore new concepts in rhythm and notation, as well as improve listening, notation, analysis, performance, and improvisation skills. The student will use a basic understanding of the orchestra to explore instrumentation and orchestration in more depth, and analyze compositional style from a range of periods. With audio, visual, and interactive technologies, this course provides a unique and advanced learning experience. Discovering Music I is a prerequisite for this course.
Students should successfully complete Discovering Music I prior to enrolling in this course.When enrolling your student in a music course, please consider the student’s grade level and previous music experience. If the student is new to the school and has no prior music experience, place the student in the level I course in the appropriate grade band.
Connections Education LLC dba Pearson Virtual Schools USA, its schools and affiliates use information technology as a means of providing equality of opportunity to the greatest number of people, including people with disabilities. Connections aims to create a culture of accessibility through education. Connections is committed to working with the schools it supports in developing accessible websites and other electronic information to the Technical Standards and principles set forth in Section 508 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Federal law requires all public schools to provide students, regardless of disability, with an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from the school’s education program. Students have 24-hour assistance in LMS and technical support.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly