This is the first of two courses that comprise Geometry. Throughout the course, the student will use virtual manipulatives and tools to explore the principles of logic, proofs, and constructions. The student will use the midpoint and distance formulas to solve a variety of problems involving the coordinate plane. The student will also study parallel and perpendicular lines, including special angle pairs. The student will use triangle concepts to find angle measures, prove triangles congruent, and discover relationships within one and two triangles. This course will conclude with the study of polygons and quadrilaterals, during which the student will learn the properties and formulas to find angle measures and classify parallelograms. Throughout the course, the student will learn concepts through a variety of instructional strategies, solve real-world applications, and complete an assortment of activities.
Students should successfully complete Algebra 1 prior to enrolling in this course.
Connections Education LLC dba Pearson Virtual Schools USA, its schools and affiliates use information technology as a means of providing equality of opportunity to the greatest number of people, including people with disabilities. Connections aims to create a culture of accessibility through education. Connections is committed to working with the schools it supports in developing accessible websites and other electronic information to the Technical Standards and principles set forth in Section 508 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Federal law requires all public schools to provide students, regardless of disability, with an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from the school’s education program. Students have 24-hour assistance in LMS and technical support.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly