Earth Space Science is a laboratory course focusing on the study of space and the geologic and atmospheric forces that shape the world. Through experimentation and investigation, the student will explore Earth cycles including the geosphere, hydrosphere, cryosphere, atmosphere, and the carbon cycle. The student will learn about scientific inquiry, geologic time, space exploration, the solar system, and the universe. The student will use web 2.0 tools, interactive experiences, higher-order thinking, collaborative projects, and real-world application through labs and a variety of assessments. Upon completion of the course, the student will have a clear understanding of the dynamic forces at work in the surrounding world, becoming better caretakers of planet Eart. The Honors Earth Space Science course includes additional labs and activities that enable students to deeply explore Earth Space Science concepts and apply critical thinking skills. In addition, the courses include differentiated unit tests.
Connections Education LLC dba Pearson Virtual Schools USA, its schools and affiliates use information technology as a means of providing equality of opportunity to the greatest number of people, including people with disabilities. Connections aims to create a culture of accessibility through education. Connections is committed to working with the schools it supports in developing accessible websites and other electronic information to the Technical Standards and principles set forth in Section 508 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Federal law requires all public schools to provide students, regardless of disability, with an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from the school’s education program. Students have 24-hour assistance in LMS and technical support.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly