This course is the first of two that comprise Honors Geometry. In this course, the student will explore geometry concepts and apply them to real-world problems. The student will begin by defining basic geometric terms, postulates, and theorems before learning how to apply them to parallel and perpendicular lines. Next, the student will explore relationships in triangles, quadrilaterals, and OT polygons. Throughout the course, the student will be introduced to many higher mathematical concepts and application. The honors course includes extensions, differentiated problem sets, and differentiated assessments (particularly unit tests).
Students should successfully complete Algebra 1 prior to enrolling in this course.
Connections Education LLC dba Pearson Virtual Schools USA, its schools and affiliates use information technology as a means of providing equality of opportunity to the greatest number of people, including people with disabilities. Connections aims to create a culture of accessibility through education. Connections is committed to working with the schools it supports in developing accessible websites and other electronic information to the Technical Standards and principles set forth in Section 508 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Federal law requires all public schools to provide students, regardless of disability, with an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from the school’s education program. Students have 24-hour assistance in LMS and technical support.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly