Have you ever wondered if computers can exchange information with other computers? Have you wanted to know how cybersecurity works? In this course, you will begin by looking at how computer networks function and what basic topologies are. In this course, you will also learn the basics of cybersecurity, including common threats, risks, solutions, and protection schemes. You will look at the impacts computing innovations have had on multiple aspects of society. You will learn about and apply common collaboration and communication tools to plan and complete projects. And, you will look at the current state and future of computer innovations, including its intersection with the law, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, and other future careers . This course will prepare you for further study in Computer Science.
Connections Education LLC dba Pearson Virtual Schools USA, its schools and affiliates use information technology as a means of providing equality of opportunity to the greatest number of people, including people with disabilities. Connections aims to create a culture of accessibility through education. Connections is committed to working with the schools it supports in developing accessible websites and other electronic information to the Technical Standards and principles set forth in Section 508 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Federal law requires all public schools to provide students, regardless of disability, with an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from the school’s education program. Students have 24-hour assistance in LMS and technical support.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly