Learning to draw is like learning any new skill: it takes practice, practice, practice. Introduction to Drawing is a one-semester course for beginning and intermediate artists that provides training in the application of artistic processes and skills. In this course, you will learn the basics of line, contour, shading, texture, perspective, composition, and action drawing. You will examine artwork and demonstrate your newly learned skills by creating several original works of art and compiling a portfolio of your artwork.
metal ruler or wood ruler with a metal edge newsprint pad (30 lb. standard weight), 18” by 24” fixative drawing paper (60 or 80 lb. standard weight) 18” by 24”, at least 30 sheets; recycled paper is acceptable a variety of graphite pencils, ranging from HB to 8B gum eraser kneaded eraser
Connections Education LLC dba Pearson Virtual Schools USA, its schools and affiliates use information technology as a means of providing equality of opportunity to the greatest number of people, including people with disabilities. Connections aims to create a culture of accessibility through education. Connections is committed to working with the schools it supports in developing accessible websites and other electronic information to the Technical Standards and principles set forth in Section 508 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Federal law requires all public schools to provide students, regardless of disability, with an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from the school’s education program. Students have 24-hour assistance in LMS and technical support.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly