Personal Fitness II is a one-semester course that looks at the aspects of living a healthy and balanced life. In the first unit, students will learn the relationship between physical, mental, and social health as they explore topics including: effective communication, building healthy relationships, the effects of violence, coping mechanisms, and how to set goals. Additionally, students will learn basic first aid procedures, what to do in medical emergencies, and how to keep their homes safe. In the second unit, students will learn about infectious and noninfectious diseases, how they affect the body, and how they can be prevented. The third unit covers tobacco use, drug and alcohol abuse, and options for resisting the pressure to participate in these destructive behaviors. Throughout the course, students will be required to participate in regular physical activity and keep records of their activity. The student will be given a choice of three paths that place emphasis on lifelong activities as well as current fitness trends.
Connections Education LLC dba Pearson Virtual Schools USA, its schools and affiliates use information technology as a means of providing equality of opportunity to the greatest number of people, including people with disabilities. Connections aims to create a culture of accessibility through education. Connections is committed to working with the schools it supports in developing accessible websites and other electronic information to the Technical Standards and principles set forth in Section 508 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Federal law requires all public schools to provide students, regardless of disability, with an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from the school’s education program. Students have 24-hour assistance in LMS and technical support.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly