In this course, the student will use previously acquired skills in a wide range of elective activities. The course places priority on self-motivated physical activities that the student can participate in now and later in life, and incorporates skill competencies, written assignments, and class evaluations into some of the units. The student will be expected to show proficiency in the activities that are important for his personal development at the appropriate age. The student's physical fitness level will be assessed and recorded. As an OA learner, the student will utilize relevant Web sites and streaming videos provided in the lessons.
Access to sports equipment and sports facilities (e.g.; equipment and/or facilities related to baseball; basketball; soccer; swimming; bowling; weight training; golf) is incorporated into course lessons. Access to these items is preferable for placement in the course; however alternative activities are provided for studentsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ successful completion of the course.
Connections Education LLC dba Pearson Virtual Schools USA, its schools and affiliates use information technology as a means of providing equality of opportunity to the greatest number of people, including people with disabilities. Connections aims to create a culture of accessibility through education. Connections is committed to working with the schools it supports in developing accessible websites and other electronic information to the Technical Standards and principles set forth in Section 508 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Federal law requires all public schools to provide students, regardless of disability, with an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from the school’s education program. Students have 24-hour assistance in LMS and technical support.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly