This is the second of two courses that comprise Psychology. The course begins with an exploration of what makes individuals different from one another and the notion of personality. The student will dissect the widely divergent and often contradictory personality theories. In the section on Learning, Memory, and Motivation, the student will tie together his knowledge of the biological basics of behavior with the major personality theories in order to understand the complex mental processes of learning, memory, thought, and language. Finally, the student will shift his focus from normal to abnormal behavior, and in doing so, study the theories related to life adjustment, stress, psychological breakdown and methods of therapy.
Connections Education LLC dba Pearson Virtual Schools USA, its schools and affiliates use information technology as a means of providing equality of opportunity to the greatest number of people, including people with disabilities. Connections aims to create a culture of accessibility through education. Connections is committed to working with the schools it supports in developing accessible websites and other electronic information to the Technical Standards and principles set forth in Section 508 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Federal law requires all public schools to provide students, regardless of disability, with an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from the school’s education program. Students have 24-hour assistance in LMS and technical support.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly