Science 6A explores natural objects and phenomenon on our planet, in our Solar System, and beyond. This course uses multiple media sources to foster scientific inquiry and spark curiosity. The student will use models to explore the relationship between the Sun, Moon, and Earth and formulate explanations of lunar phases, eclipses, and seasons. Scientific views and evidence of how the earth and other objects in the universe were formed are presented as the student learns about galaxies, asteroids, and stars. The student will analyze and interpret data from rock layers and fossils giving clues to Earth’s age. They will also discover how Earth has changed over time as the student makes connections between earth’s energy systems and plate tectonics.
Connections Education LLC dba Pearson Virtual Schools USA, its schools and affiliates use information technology as a means of providing equality of opportunity to the greatest number of people, including people with disabilities. Connections aims to create a culture of accessibility through education. Connections is committed to working with the schools it supports in developing accessible websites and other electronic information to the Technical Standards and principles set forth in Section 508 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Federal law requires all public schools to provide students, regardless of disability, with an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from the school’s education program. Students have 24-hour assistance in LMS and technical support.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly