Science 8B uses multiple media sources to foster scientific inquiry and spark curiosity as the student studies elements of the physical sciences. Throughout this course, the student will discover ways that scientists use data, models, and technology to gather and apply information. This course investigate the relationship between Force and Motion as the student explores Newton's Laws of Motion. The student will learn about the unseen forces of gravity, magnetism, and electricity as they determine factors that affect the strength of these forces. The role of design in machines are also explored as the student investigates the relationship between force and work with regards to the transfer of mechanical energy.
Connections Education LLC dba Pearson Virtual Schools USA, its schools and affiliates use information technology as a means of providing equality of opportunity to the greatest number of people, including people with disabilities. Connections aims to create a culture of accessibility through education. Connections is committed to working with the schools it supports in developing accessible websites and other electronic information to the Technical Standards and principles set forth in Section 508 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Federal law requires all public schools to provide students, regardless of disability, with an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from the school’s education program. Students have 24-hour assistance in LMS and technical support.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly