This is the first of two courses that comprise World History. Pearson’s World History provides the basis for instruction. This course provides the student with a comprehensive examination of world history from ancient times through the Global Age. The student will begin by exploring prehistory and early civilizations, focusing on the ancient civilizations of the Americas, Egypt, India, China, Greece, and Rome. The student will then study Medieval Christian Europe from the early to the late Middle Ages, followed by regional civilizations with a focus on the Muslim world, Africa, and Asia. Finally, the student will explore early modern times with a focus on the Renaissance, Reformation, and the Global Age.
Connections Education LLC dba Pearson Virtual Schools USA, its schools and affiliates use information technology as a means of providing equality of opportunity to the greatest number of people, including people with disabilities. Connections aims to create a culture of accessibility through education. Connections is committed to working with the schools it supports in developing accessible websites and other electronic information to the Technical Standards and principles set forth in Section 508 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Federal law requires all public schools to provide students, regardless of disability, with an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from the school’s education program. Students have 24-hour assistance in LMS and technical support.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly