This middle school Health course introduces students to the concepts of what good health is, why good health is important, and what students should do in order to achieve good health. By the end of this course, students will be able to demonstrate an awareness of health as it applies to their bodies, minds, and environment; identify the components of a healthy lifestyle; set reasonable wellness goals; and apply health concepts across multiple contexts.
Tutoring/help chats as well as tutoring/help from district coach and/or other district educators, Text to speech K-12, Language tool for ELL, Accommodations and modifications to students with IEPS and 504s
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- When this course is taken by a student in a school with a district-assigned learning coach, seat time attendance may be used to document participation.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- A student is expected to meet progress requirements for the course weekly (flexibility- for example: student can choose to complete weekly progress for a course earlier in the week)