Semester A: In Kindergarten Science, students in this course will use their senses to explore their world. Students experience nature walks, gardening, and imitative games by exploring varying concepts. Students will explore the changes of fall through stories and observations learning about changing leaves and squirrels. Using their senses, students will observe the nature around them. Concepts like camouflage and weather conditions will also be discussed. Students will have the opportunity to grow plants, make a terrarium and observe the behavior of magnets. Semester B: Students in this course will continue using their senses to explore their world. Students experience nature walks, gardening, and imitative games by exploring varying concepts. Students will explore the winter season by learning about animal tracks and the night sky. The properties of matter will also be introduced. To learn about spring, students will make leaf rubbings, grow a variety of plants and search for worms to study. The semester concludes with lessons and activities focused on bees, constellations and birds
Tutoring/help w/ district coach and/or other district educators, Text to speech K-12, Canvas Accessibility checker, Language tool for ELL, Accommodations and modifications to students with IEPS and 504s
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- When this course is taken by a student in a school with a district-assigned learning coach, seat time attendance may be used to document participation.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- A student is expected to meet progress requirements for the course weekly (flexibility- for example: student can choose to complete weekly progress for a course earlier in the week)