Crook County School District #1
Crook County School District #1 Virtual Education Program
LMS Platform: LMS means the course learning management system
Wyoming standards alignment available from the district upon request
Hathaway Success Course: Yes
Scheduled class time daily
See Course Participation below
Start - End Dates:
Aug 23, 2022 - May 25, 2023
Available for Purchase:
This course introduces students to the foundational concepts of computer science and challenges them to explore how computing and technology can affect the world. Students have creative, hands-on learning opportunities to create computer programs, develop web pages, design mobile apps, write algorithms, and collaborate with peers while building strong foundational knowledge. This course provides a solid foundation for more advanced study as well as practical skills that students can use immediately.
Computer and Internet access
Access to this course will be the same as all other district courses
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Edgenuity has tools to track a student's progress. In addition, each section of this course is assigned an on-site teacher to monitor coursework completion, attendance, and progress.
- Student is expected to particpate daily in this virtual class while attending a brick and morter school.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- When this course is taken by a student in a school with a district-assigned learning coach, seat time attendance may be used to document participation.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course on a daily basis.
- Students have direct communication and ongoing interaction with the virtual instructors throughout all courses. Communications and interactions include chat, email, whiteboard sessions, group classes, and one-on-one sessions. Each virtual instructor has office hours and additional established communication hours / methods so that students can participate in live group or one-on-one sessions with the instructor as needed.