Social Studies and History
Fremont County School District #25
Fremont County School District 25 Virtual Education Program
LMS Platform: LMS means the course learning management system
Wyoming standards alignment available from the district upon request
Hathaway Success Course: No
Self-paced. Aligns with FCSD #25 school calendar.
See Course Participation below
Start - End Dates:
Aug 23, 2022 - May 26, 2023
Available for Purchase:
The Middle School U.S. History course presents a cohesive and comprehensive overview of the history of the United States. This year-long course surveys the major events and turning points of US history as it moves from the era of exploration through modern times. As students examine each era of history, they will analyze primary sources and carefully research events to gain a clearer understanding of the factors that have shaped US history. In early units, students will explore the geography of the nation and world, as well as assess the foundations of US democracy while examining crucial documents. In later units, students will examine the effects of territorial expansion, the Civil War, and the rise of industrialization as they assess the outcomes of economic trends and the connections between culture and government. As the course draws to a close, students will focus their studies on the causes of cultural and political change in the modern age. Throughout the course, students will learn the importance of cultural diversity while examining history from different perspectives. Rigorous reading and writing activities carefully address Common Core literacy standards and guide students toward the development of critical thinking and communication skills.
Acceptance into Spur Virtual Academy
A computer (or similar device) and access to high speed internet.
Spur Virtual Academy uses the Edgenuity program for students in grades 6-12 and VLNPartners for students in grades K-5. Both platforms wantall users to have equal access to the information and functionality of the learning materials and are committed to making their educational resources and websites accessible to individuals with disabilities and to meet appropriate standards includingWeb Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0at Conformance Level AA.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Percentage of coursework completed. Completion of weekly steps.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Teachers will verify one or more of the following as course participation: 60 or more active minutes for the course recorded in the LMS,weekly coursework submitted for the course in the LMS, recommended weekly steps completed for the course in the LMS, 3% progress completed for the course recorded in the LMS, attendance at a synchronous session for the course recorded by the teacher of record.