Physical Education and Health
Fremont County School District #25
Fremont County School District 25 Virtual Education Program
LMS Platform: LMS means the course learning management system
Wyoming standards alignment available from the district upon request
Hathaway Success Course: No
Self-paced. Aligns with FCSD #25 school calendar.
See Course Participation below
Start - End Dates:
Aug 23, 2022 - May 26, 2023
Available for Purchase:
Students will learn about individual health and how to keep themselves safe from harm. They will explore topics that include healthy food choices, hygiene, making wise decisions and the dangers of drugs. This course expands upon the knowledge presented in the Kindergarten course and introduces new topics in a manner appropriate for this age group. Finally, the course includes an activity log with an expectation of 60 minutes of documented physical activity per five days of school.
Acceptance into Spur Virtual Academy
A computer (or similar device) and access to high speed internet.
Spur Virtual Academy uses the Edgenuity program for students in grades 6-12 and VLNPartners for students in grades K-5. Both platforms wantall users to have equal access to the information and functionality of the learning materials and are committed to making their educational resources and websites accessible to individuals with disabilities and to meet appropriate standards includingWeb Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0at Conformance Level AA.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Percentage of coursework completed. Completion of weekly steps.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Teachers will verify one or more of the following as course participation: 60 or more active minutes for the course recorded in the LMS,weekly coursework submitted for the course in the LMS, recommended weekly steps completed for the course in the LMS, 3% progress completed for the course recorded in the LMS, attendance at a synchronous session for the course recorded by the teacher of record.