Students review place value and basic addition and subtraction facts before moving on to multiplication and division with 1-, 2- and 3-digit numbers. Fractions and decimals are also covered, along with the foundations of measurement, time and temperature. Students are introduced to data and various types of graphs and learn both how to create and interpret them. The thread of problem solving runs throughout each skill covered in the course.
Acceptance into Spur Virtual Academy
A computer (or similar device) and access to high speed internet.
Spur Virtual Academy uses the Edgenuity program for students in grades 6-12 and VLNPartners for students in grades K-5. Both platforms wantall users to have equal access to the information and functionality of the learning materials and are committed to making their educational resources and websites accessible to individuals with disabilities and to meet appropriate standards includingWeb Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0at Conformance Level AA.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Percentage of coursework completed. Completion of weekly steps.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Teachers will verify one or more of the following as course participation: 60 or more active minutes for the course recorded in the LMS,weekly coursework submitted for the course in the LMS, recommended weekly steps completed for the course in the LMS, 3% progress completed for the course recorded in the LMS, attendance at a synchronous session for the course recorded by the teacher of record.