This program provides an opportunity for self-discipline through instruction and cooperation while providing the student with an opportunity for self-expression by using imaginative thinking for creative solutions. Again, this is a necessity in lifetime experiences. The student will see the artistic expressions and inventions from cultures around the world that are part of the history of mankind and development. Modern media provides many opportunities to the student. However, the student has the benefit to experience it more closely in art classes. Repetition, important for young children, is evident in these lessons. Repetition is provided at different age levels while using various tools and mediums. Home, family and friends, pets, and toys are the young student's world. The student will begin with their personal world as they think they know it, and discover so much more about it. These lessons provide a deeper awareness of the world immediately around them, and eventually their journey will grow from there. Each student is an individual with unique ideas and talents. Our goal is to provide each student an opportunity for personal growth for themselves and the world in which we live.
Internet access, Computer, paper, pencil, household items, and appropriate text.
Pacing of the content is set. The course content and LMS are available with the URL and personal password. Students can access course content 24 hours a day, 7 days a week where the internet is accessible.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Attendance verified weekly by teacher.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Participation time will be recorded by weekly attendance and or cumulative progress.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- When this course is taken by a student in a school with a district-assigned learning coach, seat time attendance may be used to document participation.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Estimated time to complete course is 50-100 hours. Teacher verification of participation weekly. Some form of weekly communication between student/parent and teacher via phone, zoom, email or in person.