The student is guided and encouraged to express feelings and emotions in their drawings and with color while promoting self-esteem and self-awareness in personal fulfillment. The imagination in children is encouraged in art. However, it will assist them in their other studies as well. This program provides an opportunity for self-discipline through instruction and cooperation while providing the student with an opportunity for self-expression by using imaginative thinking for creative solutions. The student is introduced to some of the artistic expressions and techniques from cultures around the world. Modern technology provides opportunities for the student to observe this history. The art student will use some of these elements themselves in their own artwork. Repetition, important for children, is provided at different age levels while using various tools and mediums. Home, family, traditions, friends, pets, and toys are the young student's world. The student will explore what they know of their world. These lessons provide a deeper awareness of the world immediately around them where their journey is just beginning. As an individual each student is gifted with unique talents and ideas. Our goal is to provide each student an opportunity for personal growth for themselves and the world in which they live.
Internet access, Computer, paper, pencil, household items, and appropriate text.
Pacing of the content is set. The course content and LMS are available with the URL and personal password. Students can access course content 24 hours a day, 7 days a week where the internet is accessible.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Attendance verified weekly by teacher.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Participation time will be recorded by weekly attendance and or cumulative progress.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- When this course is taken by a student in a school with a district-assigned learning coach, seat time attendance may be used to document participation.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Estimated time to complete course is 50-100 hours. Teacher verification of participation weekly. Some form of weekly communication between student/parent and teacher via phone, zoom, email or in person.